- The Organic Center provides key research and information on the latest organic research.
- Organic Trade Association (OTA) is a membership-based business association that focuses on the organic business community in North America. OTA’s mission is to promote and protect the growth of organic trade to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy.
- The Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association (FTSLA) is focused on promoting education and action toward sustainable business practices in organic food trade.
- The Rodale Institute is putting its 60 years of sustainable farming experience and extensive research to work to provide farmers with the know-how, tools and techniques they need to succeed; policy-makers the information they need to best support farmers; and consumers with the resources they need to make informed decisions about the food they buy and eat.
- The Community Alliance with Family Farmers is building a movement of rural and urban people to foster family-scale agriculture
- CDFA Organic ( http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/is/i_&_c/organic.html )
- Guaranteed Organic Certification Agency (GOCA) (http://www.goca.ws/ )
- CCOF: Organic Certification COFA (http://www.ccof.org/ )
For tree crops, in order to represent your fruit as organic, you must have grown it organically for 36 months prior to the harvest.