Organic Lime Salsa
Ingredients – Organic Limes
- 2 Organic Mango peeled seeded and diced
- 1 Jalapeno Chile seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Organic Limes juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 10 Tomatillo peeled washed and finely diced
- 1 Organic Tomatoes ripe and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Combine thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Allow to sit for 2 hours before use.
Grilled fish, shrimp, lobster, or chicken
Valencia Orange Mimosas
Ingredients – Valencia Oranges
- Ice Cubes as needed
- 2 Organic Valencia Oranges juiced
- Champagne chilled (as needed)
- 2 Mint Leaves
Place ice cubes in two tall glasses. Divide the orange juice evenly between the two glasses. Fill the glasses with the chilled champagne and gently stir. Garnish with the mint leaves.
I like to add a spoonful of passion fruit pulp for a little added flavor and interesting look.
Organic Lemon Graham Cracker Pie
Ingredients – Lemons
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Egg Yolks slightly beaten
- 3 Meyer Lemons juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Organic Lemon grated zest
- 1 Vanilla Beans
- 1 cup Lemon Marmalade
- 3 Baby Kiwi
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Butter melted 1/4 cup Sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F. Make pie crust by combining graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press crust mixture into a pie tin and refrigerate until ready to use. Heat milk in top of double boiler over simmering water. Mix sugar with cornstarch and whisk into milk. Add egg yolks, lemon juice, zest and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 25 minutes in middle of oven or until set. Cool pie for 10 minutes. Melt marmalade over low heat and brush thin layer over surface of pie. Arrange kiwis in overlapping layer to cover top of pie completely. Brush again with remaining marmalade and cool before cutting.
Mexican Avocado Soup
Ingredients – Avocados
– A cool, creamy and easy summer soup with a delicious hint of spice.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 cups Horizon Organic® fat-free yogurt, divided
- additional scallion and cilantro leaves for garnish
Halve avocados and remove from peel. Cut 2 ½ avocados into a large dice and place in a blender or food processor, reserving remaining ½ avocado for garnish. Add scallions, cilantro lime juice, salt cayenne and cumin to blender and puree. Add chicken or vegetable stock and 1 cup yogurt and puree until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
To serve, cut remaining ½ avocado into a small dice. Pour soup into six chilled bowls and top each bowl with a few pieces of avocado, chopped scallion, cilantro and a tablespoon of yogurt.
Blue Crab Cakes
- 3 3/4 pounds Blue Crab Meat drained 2 1/2 ounces
- Organic Bell Pepper (red) diced
- 2 1/2 ounces Organic Bell Pepper (green) diced
- 1 stalk Organic Celery diced
- 3/4 cup Organic Parsley chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces Red onion chopped
- 1/8 tablespoon Black Pepper cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 17 1/2 ounces Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 1 bulb Shallots chopped
- 6 ounces Dry White Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon White Peppercorns
- 3 1/2 Mushroom Stems
- 1 piece Thyme (fresh)
- 1/2 pound Unsalted Butter Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper for taste
- Organic Grapefruit segments for garnish
For The Cakes Mix all ingredients. Form filling into 2 1/2 diameter patties (3/4 thick). Coat with bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot. Add the crab cakes and saute both sides until golden brown.
For The Sauce
Combine all ingredients except the butter in a sauce pan. Simmer and reduce by half. Strain and combine with the butter. Salt and pepper to taste. To assemble, arrange two crab cakes in the center of a plate, drizzle the sides with the grapefruit sauce, and garnish with fresh pink grapefruit segments.
To assemble, arrange two crab cakes in the center of a plate, drizzle the sides with the grapefruit sauce, and garnish with fresh pink grapefruit segments.
Cranberry and Serrano Chile Sauce
Ingredients – Buddha Hand
- 1 package Cranberries – fresh (12 oz)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Buddha’s Hand, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 each Serrano Chiles de-seeded, fine dice
Rinse cranberries, discarding overripe berries. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, water, orange juice, lemon juice, Budda Hand zest, sugar and Serrano chile.
Bring to a boil; lower heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cranberries have burst and the sauce is slightly thickened. Allow sauce to cool before serving.