Pan-seared Chicken with Pink Grapefruit Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (either whole, or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon pink grapefruit zest
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breast with salt. Melt the butter in a stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken on both sides until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Add the grapefruit juice and zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with aluminum foil and place in a warmed oven until ready to serve.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, white wine, white pepper and sugar to the pan. Boil the sauce for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add salt to taste.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a serving platter, or on individual plates, drizzle with the sauce and garnish with fresh slices of pink grapefruit and a few sprigs of fresh parsley.
- Serving recommendation: Serve over or with pasta.