- Kosher salt, for rimming the glass
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 1/2 ounces silver (blanco), 100 percent agave tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed organic blood orange juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/4 ounce triple sec orange liqueur, preferably Luxardo Triplum or Cointreau
- Pour enough salt on a small plate to just cover it.
- Rub the organic lime wedge on the outside rim of a cocktail glass; set the lime aside. Holding the glass at a 45-degree angle, dip the rim in the salt, rotating the glass until the entire rim is coated. (Avoid getting any salt inside the glass.) Set the glass aside.
- Place the remaining measured ingredients, including the freshly squeezed organic blood orange juice, in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake vigorously until the outside is frosty, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with the reserved lime wedge.