Chicken with Organic Tangerine, Honey, and Chipotle Glaze
- 1 cup fresh organic tangerine juice or orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated organic tangerine peel or orange peel
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 each 2-3/4 to 3-pound chicken, quartered, backbone removed
Preparation for glaze:
- Boil fresh organic tangerine juice, honey, and soy sauce in heavy medium saucepan until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in grated peel and chipotle chiles.
- Whisk first 9 ingredients in 13″x 9″ x 2″ glass baking dish to blend. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Cover; chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium-low heat). Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt. Grill chicken until cooked through, turning and repositioning occasionally for even cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Brush chicken all over with glaze; grill 2 minutes longer on each side.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Serve, passing remaining glaze separately.
*Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked jalapeños canned in a spicy tomato sauce, which is sometimes called adobo. They are available at some supermarkets, specialty foods stores, and Latin markets.