A cool, creamy and easy summer soup with a delicious hint of spice.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 cups Horizon Organic® fat-free yogurt, divided
- additional scallion and cilantro leaves for garnish
Halve avocados and remove from peel. Cut 2 ½ avocados into a large dice and place in a blender or food processor, reserving remaining ½ avocado for garnish. Add scallions, cilantro lime juice, salt cayenne and cumin to blender and puree. Add chicken or vegetable stock and 1 cup yogurt and puree until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
To serve, cut remaining ½ avocado into a small dice. Pour soup into six chilled bowls and top each bowl with a few pieces of avocado, chopped scallion, cilantro and a tablespoon of yogurt.
Want more Recipes? Click here to return to our main Recipes page.