- 3 3/4 pounds Blue Crab Meat drained 2 1/2 ounces
- Organic Bell Pepper (red) diced
- 2 1/2 ounces Organic Bell Pepper (green) diced
- 1 stalk Organic Celery diced
- 3/4 cup Organic Parsley chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces Red onion chopped
- 1/8 tablespoon Black Pepper cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 17 1/2 ounces Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 1 bulb Shallots chopped
- 6 ounces Dry White Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon White Peppercorns
- 3 1/2 Mushroom Stems
- 1 piece Thyme (fresh)
- 1/2 pound Unsalted Butter Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper for taste
- Organic Grapefruit segments for garnish
For The Cakes Mix all ingredients. Form filling into 2 1/2 diameter patties (3/4 thick). Coat with bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot. Add the crab cakes and saute both sides until golden brown.
For The Sauce
Combine all ingredients except the butter in a sauce pan. Simmer and reduce by half. Strain and combine with the butter. Salt and pepper to taste. To assemble, arrange two crab cakes in the center of a plate, drizzle the sides with the grapefruit sauce, and garnish with fresh pink grapefruit segments.
To assemble, arrange two crab cakes in the center of a plate, drizzle the sides with the grapefruit sauce, and garnish with fresh pink grapefruit segments.
Want more Recipes? Click here to return to our main Recipes page.